Susan is a recognized speaker and expert educator in the field of Dyslexia. She has been hard at work on behalf of Dyslexic students and their families for 30 years. She has presented at the national IDA conferences, regional conferences, and at many district Parent Teacher Organization meetings on the topic of Dyslexia.
She is a credentialed Wilson® Dyslexia Therapist and a certified Wilson Fundations® presenter. She is a LETRS credentialed local trainer and a certified trainer for the Acadience family of reading and math screening tools.
She is a board member of the New Jersey branch of the International Dyslexia Association and has served as an Accreditation Review Team leader for the International Dyslexia Association.
- B.A. English/Political Science, Rutgers College
- M.A. Learning Disabilities, New York University, Steinhardt School
- M.A. Reading, New York University, Steinhardt School
- Post-Graduate Bank Street College and Rutgers Graduate School of Education
- New Jersey licensed Learning Disabilities Teacher Consultant (LDT-C)
- Eligible to present Fundations® (Levels K, 1, 2, 3) workshops
- Wilson® Dyslexia Therapist (W.D.T.)
- Certified Language Essentials for Teachers of Reading and Spelling (LETRS) Local Trainer, Sopris West
- Certified AcadienceTM Reading (formerly DIBELS-Next) Mentor, Dynamic Measurement Group
- Developing Metacognitive Skills Trainer, Neuhaus
- Reading/Dyslexia Specialist, The Stephen Gaynor School, Manhattan
- Orton-Gillingham (Alphabetic Phonics and Preventing Academic Failure) Trained, Lindamood-Bell (Seeing Stars and Visualizing and Verbalizing)
- International Dyslexia Association – New Jersey Branch (NJIDA) Board Member
- International Literacy Association Member